Sunday, January 7, 2018

Madinah Al Munawwarah

Hello everyone! I finally had the time to write this post and I've been wanting to share my experience visiting the Holy City since forever.

The trip was totally different from the usual one that I had previously and definitely eye-opening. Before I go, I had a few people asking if I'm ready to be there. Honestly, it was a question that I kept asking myself too. I'm never ready, I'm always thinking about all the sins that I've done and what makes me a suitable guest to be there. But I know, this was His calling. There must be a reason to why things happen and at the same, I know deeply, I needed this trip. I needed it to find my way back to Him and find the peace that I've lost.

The best flight that I ever had. No anxiety and no nausea.

It was the longest flight journey with a total of 8 hours to Jeddah and another 6 hours bus ride to Medinah. When we arrived the town was pitched black except for the only place that was light up was Masjid Al-Nabawi and luckily we arrived just in time for Fajr prayer. It felt so surreal to be in the mosque where I've only see the photo of the interior in a frame that was hung up in my old house.


Free flow of zam zam

This was such a heartwarming sight to see.
The guys are waiting for their mum/wife outside the woman prayer hall.
 
 
In the day time, we visited maqam Rasulullah s.a.w. The places was guarded with female security guards and we had to wait about an hour to go in . Fun fact, they can speak many languages including Bahasa! In fact, everyone here can speak Bahasa. When it was our turn to go into the prayer hall, my aunt took our hand and quickly bring us to the front row. It says that between Rasulullah's maqam and it's mimbar is the Paradise, Raudhah which is also marked by green carpets. Alhamdulillah, it was an unforgettable experience to be able to pray at such a solace place. (Btw, the green carpet smell of fragrance. I'm not lying!!)

22nd Dec was our next visiting to Masjid Quba, the first mosque that Rusulullah came to from Mecca for his journey. It says that whoever took his wudhu from his home, then came to Masjid Quba to perform fardhu or sunnah prayer, the reward is as the same as one Umrah.




The yellow date is frozen due to the weather and it is so nice!!

 
Next stop was the Garden of Dates. Everything is halal and by halal, it means you can eat unlimited amount of dates. Ustadz shared the story of how the date tress exists where he first start of by sharing that Nabi Adam a.s was created by Allah s.w.t from 7 different soil and with the remaining of the soil, that's where the date tree is grown from and if you compare the different types of dates to human, our characteristic are not less.




Last stop was Jabal Uhud where a war took place and it teaches meaningful lesson about the human chasing after the dunya. I don't dare to write much about the history behind all these historic places but please do give a read.

Excited to see this sign when we're otw to Jabal Uhud



At the top of the mountain there's a word الله




Medinah is so beautiful especially seeing people coming from different parts of the world. There were a couple of conversation with people that I will never forget.

There was once while we were waiting for Isyak prayer and I sat beside a lady. She kept looking at me and suddenly, she touch my arms and try to talk to me in her language. Sadly, I couldn't understand and the only thing that we could do was exchanging smiles. After awhile, she started talking to me again and turned to her back and ask her niece to translate English to me. Her niece told me that they were from Pakistan and her daughter just got married in Masjid Al-Nabawi itself! She also asked me to learn Urdu and come to Pakistan to visit her hometown. Thanks to Hindustan movies I understand her language a little, hehe!

Another incident was while we were doing our shopping when the salesperson named, Bilal suddenly asked me,
"Mana satu Ummi?" (Which one is your mum?)
I said "All" with a smile.
He shook his head and "Tidak boleh gitu. Hanya ada satu Ummi. Satu Ummi sampai jannah." (You can't say that. You only have one mum. One mum till jannah.) 
Everyone went silent and I wish I could answer, "Yes, I have one ummi till jannah and now shes with Him" :') 




Last subuh in Madinah before departing to Mecca


The green dome is where Rasulullah is placed <3



Blessed that our hotel was just opposite the mosque. Will definitely miss the peaceful city of Medinah that has captured my heart. The days in Madinah felt like months and I feel like I have known this place forever. Insha Allah, I will visit you again ya Rasulullah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment