Thursday, June 21, 2018

Hello, Cairns

On Thursday morning I landed in Cairns. It was a last minute decision to accompanied my sister as she had her fourth layover and at the same time I feel like I needed a trip to wind down.


This book accompanied me the whole plane ride, I'm really loving it at the moment


Since my sister was working on board, the trip was sort of giving me the feeling of "travelling alone". Was feeling scared a lil that my anxiety will act up after what happened the last GC's plane ride but I must say Alhamdulillah, everything went smoothly especially when I'm all alone.

We have about less than 48 hours to spend in Cairns so we have to use the time wisely. Right after we checked in to the hotel, we washed up and walked to Cairns Central to do some shopping.



Had our iftar at Jimmys and dessert back at Cairns Central.





After an hour of solid nap, we went to their Night Market and bought some food for supper. Sat for awhile at the beach which totally reminds me of GC. Ahhh..the memories there (Btw had to archive the GC post on my blog)

The next day we went for another round of shopping. Had lunch at Schnitz and do our last sight seeing around the city.





Disclaimer: We actually couldn't fast therefore on the last day we could eat lunch before flying back

It was definitely a self-discovery trip and I can't wait for the next adventure!! Besides that, it's an opportunity for me to spend time with my sister before she get married soon. Blessed to have her around after Ibu passed away. Especially during this difficult time where I'm so messed up.



I'm so messed up, but I'm fine, and I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment